At its regular meeting last week in St. Charles, the Missouri Conservation Commission set dates for the 2014 firearms turkey and deer hunting seasons.
Firearms turkey season dates in 2013 are:
- Youth season – April 12-13.
- Regular spring season – April 21-May 11.
- Fall firearms season – Oct. 1-31.
- Firearms deer season dates in 2014 and into 2015 are:
- Urban zones portion – Oct. 10-13.
- Early youth portion – Nov. 1-2.
- November portion – Nov. 15-25.
- Antlerless portion – Nov. 26-Dec. 7.
- Alternative methods portion – Dec. 20-30.
- Late youth portion – Jan. 3-4, 2015
Full details of 2014 deer and turkey hunting regulations will be published on the conservation department website at mdc.mo.gov, and in hunting regulation guides available from hunting permit vendors and MDC offices and nature centers statewide before the seasons.