Fire burned a portion of a business in Houston on Wednesday afternoon.

City of Houston firefighters responded at about 2:15 p.m. to a structure fire at Farris Sales and Service at 418 N. U.S. 63.

Business co-owner Carrie Lee said she and her husband Chuck and other workers heard “popping sounds” coming from the rear of the building and found fire when they investigated.

Houston Fire Chief Don Rust reported the fire was sparked by a faulty flue.

The starting point appeared to be in an attic area between the building’s angled tin roof and the original flat roof.

Houston Rural personnel also responded.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply