Weston Phipps of Houston attended the wedding Aug. 13 of former Houston resident Jocelyn Michael and Matt Kepner of Oak Grove in the Rose Garden at Antioch Park in Merriam, Kan.
JOKE OF THE WEEK
Question: What did the hungry cow shout out to the farmer as he was walking by?
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Jalapeno Ranch Slaw
• 1/3 cup nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup buttermilk
• 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
• 5 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
• 4 scallions, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp. chopped jalapeno
• 1/2 tsp. Chipotle powder
• Salt and ground black pepper
• One 14-ounce bag coleslaw mix
1. In a blender or mini food processor, combine the yogurt, buttermilk, mayonnaise, three tablespoons of the Cilantro, half of the scallions, the garlic, jalapenos, Chipotle powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Process until smooth.
2. Put the coleslaw, the remaining two tablespoons Cilantro and the remaining scallions in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
To submit “comings and goings” to this feature, call Wendy Phipps at 417-967-4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.