The City of Houston Fire Department was called at 5 p.m. Monday to a report of a structure fire on Chestnut Street.
An outbuilding was reported fully engulfed behind a residence at 818 W. Chestnut. Houston Fire Chief Joey Moore said residents believed the blaze was started by a candle that ignited nearby flammable liquids.
The Raymondville Fire Department and Houston Rural Fire Department were initially called for mutual aid but later canceled.
On Saturday, two Texas County fire departments were called just before 10 a.m. Saturday to a reported structure fire in northwest Texas County.
Authorities said the home was at 10980 Long Valley Road off Highway AE. The home, which belonged to Jason and Scottie Adams, had significant fire and smoke damage. No one was injured.
On Friday morning, the Plato and Roby fire departments were called near 9098 Highway M. The original call was for a house fire, but it was later determined to be a brush fire.