FROM OUR ARCHIVES

Clara (High Town) in 1908, located high on a hill overlooking Piney River. The general store was owned and operated by Mr. and Mrs. Scott Taylor, seated in the buggy with their children, Ted, Susan, Walter and Hettie. Ted retired after a career with the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Hettie married J.K. Connolly, a former county school superintendent. With the aid of a magnifying glass the advertisements on the building reveal such items as Climax Chewing Tobacco, Herbs and Iron for Liver and Kidneys, Grove’s Chill Tonic and All-Leather Shoes.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply