Four members of the Houston High School softball team were recognized with all-district honors.
Seniors Tori McCloud and Stephani Crewse as well as juniors Taylor Chipps and Kaitlyn Root were named among the top players in Class 2 District 1.
Named to the team – as voted on by coaches from the district – were:
• Pitchers: Brooke Smith, Hartville; and Maci Jones, Ava.
• Infielders: Sydney Howe, Hartville; Cheyanne Mullenix, Hartville; Kiaunna Snow, Ava; Michia Jenkins, Gainesville; Karsyn Brooke, Mansfield; Ashley Nelson, Mansfield; Hailey Baker, Seymour; and Chipps.
• Outfielders: Grace Culver, Hartville; Page Schultz, Hartville; Aspyn Britt, Gainesville; and McCloud.
• Catchers: Mallory Hardcastle, Hartville; and Crewse.
• Utility: Ashton Bewley, Ava; and Root.
Houston was upset in the district semifinals by Hartville, which beat Ava in the championship game.