Area teenagers have a new place to build friendships and their faith.
The Launch Student Center opens this month on the campus of Faith Fellowship. The grand opening is 6 p.m. Saturday, May 13, at the church just past Dogs Bluff on Highway 17 west of Houston.
The 40×80 facility features two levels and many amenities for teenagers to worship, have fun and hang out.
“This student center is going to be a huge blessing to our church, community and teenagers,” said Jeff McNiell, youth pastor at Faith Fellowship. “Our vision was to build a place where students can encounter Jesus, build faith-based friendships and safely spend Saturday nights.”
The student center, McNiell said, will be used each Wednesday night for the church’s youth group, Launch Student Ministries. It will also be open the first Saturday of each month for a contemporary worship service and a place for teenagers to hang out until midnight. Among the features in the student center are:
• Rock climbing wall with two lanes.
• Pool and ping pong tables.
• Video gaming area with XBox One and Nintendo NES.
• Regulation basketball goal.
• Full kitchen for meals and snacks.
• Loft with homework area — McNiell said an after-school program will kick off next school year — and seating.
• Stage with hazer and moving lights.
• Office area to meet privately with students.
“We are grateful God has given us the tunity to build this facility to reach our young people,” McNiell said. “Beyond the cool factor of the building and fun features, we are excited to have a place where students will begin or strengthen their relationship with Jesus.”
For more information, contact the church office at 417-967-4680 or following Launch on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram at @launch54.