The annual Christmas campaign that helps needy children in Texas County is underway for its 31st year.
“Share Your Christmas” operates from the Houston Lions Den basement on North U.S. 63.
Participants can make an application and outline their kids’ needs. Organizers said they are accepting donations of new or gently used clothing — all sizes — shoes, toys and household items. Needed most are children’s clothing and winter coats, along with new socks and underwear of all kids’ sizes. Here are the first five cases:
• Case One: A 2-year-old girl would like a baby doll or a Mickey Mouse toy for her Christmas gift. She needs size 3T clothing and size 9 shoes and socks. A size 4T winter coat also is needed. She currently only has a light jacket.
• Case Two: Two girls, ages 14 and 11, would like to have some science fiction books, craft kits or board games for Christmas this year. Size 8 misses pants, size large misses tops and size 7 1/2 women’s shoes are needed for the 14 year old and size 7 pants, size large tops and size 6 shoes, all in misses sizes, are needs of the 11-year-old girl. Both could also use socks and underwear.
• Case Three: Warm clothing and socks in size 12 to 18 months is needed for a 9-month-old baby boy. He would be happy with any toys that have lights and play music.
• Case Four: Dinosaurs or Ninja Turtles is the Christmas wish of this 4-yearold boy. Clothing needs are size 5T pants and shirts and size 10 shoes. Socks and a warm coat are also needed. His 3-year-old sister needs size 3T clothing and size 9 shoes and socks. Her toy wish is a new doll or some play food and dishes.
• Case Five: Three brothers, ages 2, 7 and 11, need someone’s help to have Christmas gifts under their tree. The 2-yearold likes Paw Patrol toys and needs size 2T clothing and size 7 shoes. The 7-year-old likes all kinds of trucks and needs size 7 slim pants, 7-8 shirts and size 1 1/2 shoes. The 11-year-old brother would like some Percy Jackson books or a bike helmet. His clothing needs are size 12 jeans and shirts and size 6 shoes. All boys need socks and the two younger boys need winter coats. Blankets and pillows are needs of the family.
Persons can also take an angel that details kids’ needs off of trees located at the Houston Walmart Supercenter, Sonic of Houston and Simply Posh Day Spa. Anyone wanting to adopt a family may stop by the Lions Club or call 417-2171318. Monetary donations can be mailed to: Share Your Christmas, P.O. Box 170, Houston, Mo. 65483.