A downtown event was Thursday in Houston, offering free music, fun, food and a few surprises after the inaugural event last month was attended by several hundred.
The event was primarily at Lone Star Plaza at Grand Avenue and Pine Street. Private donations funded both nights to encourage activity in the downtown business district. Bands performed under the copper canopy, where lighting improvements were recently made by the City of Houston.
Several activities were held:
- Some downtown businesses stated open late.
- Bike and car shows.
- Kid’s attractions and games.
- Crafts and local artisans.
- Food vendors
- Raffle with items donated by local businesses.
- Live music, including South 63 Band, HHS Jazz Band, Autumn Stoops and musicians Josh York, Doug Driesel, Dave Klotz and Andrew Stockard.