1333 S. Sam Houston Blvd
Houston, MO 65483
Texas County Memorial Hospital, opened in 1958, is one of the city’s major employers, pumping millions into the local economy and playing a key role in the area’s healthcare needs. TCMH focuses on primary care needs, featuring the latest in technology such as electronic medical records, MRI, CT, digital radiology and sleep studies. In 2013, TCMH opened a 59,000 square foot, $18 million expansion that included a new emergency, radiology and medical surgical departments. A community safe room was added in 2014, and construction of a new surgery department is currently underway on the hospital campus. TCMH employs physicians who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics, gynecology and general surgery. The TCMH Medical Complex is located on the hospital’s main campus, and a walk-in clinic is available during the week at the Houston clinic.
Located on South Sam Houston Boulevard, the hospital is situated on a 10-acre tract. The hospital also operates clinics in Cabool, Licking and Mountain Grove. Mercy also has physicians on the medical staff at TCMH.
Ambulance bases are at Houston, Licking, Cabool and Mountain Grove.
- Auxiliary Gift Shop
- Home Health of the Ozarks
- Hospice of Care
- 24-hour Emergency Room with complete line of diagnostic services
- Obstetrical department
- Outpatient clinic featuring specialists
- Walk-in clinic
- Physical therapy department
- Intensive care unit
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Medivan – Non-emergency transportation system
- Sleep laboratory
- Community safe room
- Healthcare foundation
- Professional counseling
The county health department for Texas County, Missouri was established in 1986. Public health services are provided at the main office in Houston with satellite offices in Cabool and Licking. Most programs and services are no cost.
Health Department Services:
- B12 shots/other injections with physician order
- Blood pressure testing
- Body Mass Index
- Children and Adult Immunizations
- Daycare Inspections and Daycare Nurse Consultant activities
- Direct Access Lab Services with physician order
- Disease surveillance and reporting
- Environmental complaint follow-up & sewage system permits
- Environmental inspections: Restaurants, Motels, Schools, Grocery Stores
- Family Emergency Preparedness information
- Head Lice screening
- Health Education pamphlets, brochures, literature
- Health Education to clubs, groups, etc.
- Height/Weight Measurement
- Immunization evaluation immigration/naturalization
- Information on Foreign Travel vaccinations
- Issuance of Missouri birth and death certificates
- MC+ Applications
- One-on-one Health Education
- Pregnancy Testing
- Prenatal Case Management
- Referrals for special needs and services
- Satellite clinics in Cabool and Licking
- STD/HIV Testing
- Show Me Healthy Women (SMHW) Program
- TB case management/medication
- Temporary Medicaid for Pregnancy
- Tuberculosis (TB) testing
- Voter registration
- Water testing of private wells
- Wise Woman Program
- Woman, Infants, Children (WIC)
107 E Pine St.
Houston, MO 65483
Office Hours: 10AM-4PM (Monday-Friday)
When it comes to making healthy choices, knowledge is power. No one should ever have to look back on their decision to get an abortion and wish they would have known more. We want you to make a decision based on confidence and understanding, not fear or pressure.
Whether you’re thinking of Abortion, Adoption, or Parenting, our staff can help you navigate through this process.
We know that you are facing a challenging situation and pregnancy is a big deal, regardless of whether it was planned or unplanned. You will go through a variety of feelings and emotions and you’ll need someone to give you honest and accurate information during this moment in your life. Let us be those people!
- Pregnancy Help
- Laboratory Quality Pregnancy Testing
- Limited obstetrical ultrasounds by a licensed medical professional
- Pressure-free and private pre-abortion, adoption and parenting education
- Adoption parenting referrals and community resources
- Family Resources
- Medical and health
- Food and housing
- Domestic or substance abuse
- Employment or mentoring
- Family planning