The annual Share Your Christmas drive — which helps make the holiday brighter for children — made a special plea this week for children’s coats.
“If anyone has any they would like to donate, we are in desperate need of all sizes,” said Pat Miller, coordinator for the project, which is entering its 31st year. As of Monday, 176 children had been registered.
An Angel Tree is set up at Houston Walmart Supercenter. Persons can take a case and fulfill it. Requests also can be picked up at Forbes Pharmacy and Sonic in Houston.
Other ways to help:
•To adopt a family, call 417-217-1318, 417-457-6075 and 417-217-6595.
•Monetary donations can be sent to Share Your Christmas, P.O. Box 170, Houston, Mo. 65483.
•Applications are accepted until Dec. 11. The headquarters is situated in the basement of the Lions Club Den on North U.S. 63. Hours are 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Here are cases 6-10
6. A baseball and a bat is the Christmas wish of this 7-year-old boy. He is in need of size 8 jeans and shirts and size 1 shoes. His 8-year-old sister also needs size 8 clothing and size 1 shoes. Her wish is for a Barbie or any kind of doll.
7. These two little girls, ages 2 and almost 1, are in need of winter coats. They wear size 3T and size 18-month clothing. Shoe sizes are 8 and 5 toddler and socks are also a need. The 2 year old would enjoy any type of educational toy and the 1 year old would like a toy to ride on.
8. “Doc McStuffins” is the toy wish of this 6-year-old girl. Her clothing needs are size 6 pants and shirts and size 1 shoes. Her 3-year-old brother would like a Paw Patrol toy and needs size 11 shoes and size 4T clothing. Socks are also needed for both children.
9. A 3-year-old girl needs size 4T clothes and size 10 shoes. Her toy wish is a “Frozen” doll or some books. Her 8-year-old brother needs size 10 jeans and shirts and size 4 shoes. He likes Hotwheels cars and trucks or tractors. Their 10-year-old sister is in need of size 10-12 clothing and size 7 1/2 women’s shoes. She would like some books or a craft kit. All three children need socks, underwear and winter coats.
10. A Paw Patrol toy is the Christmas wish of this 3 year-old boy. Size 2T pants and 3T shirts are also needed and size 8 toddler shoes. His 1-year-old baby sister needs size 18- month clothes and size 3 shoes. She will be happy with any baby toys. Both children are in need of socks and winter coats, also.
Share Your Christmas is in need of good used toys and children’s clothing and shoes of all sizes. It also needs adult clothing, shoes and household items.