- A former Minneapolis cop pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd killingThomas Lane pleaded guilty to a state charge of aiding and abetting second-degree manslaughter in George Floyd's killing. The state is recommending a sentence of three years in prison. Read more »
- Black shelter animals weren't getting adopted. A photographer had an idea: glam shotsMaggie Epling heard that black cats and dogs often struggle to get adopted. In a push to fix that, she is taking glamour shots of these dark coated beauties at an animal shelter in Pike, Kentucky. Read more »
- Why Afghanistan's forces fell immediately after the U.S. leftMorale across Afghanistan's military was "destroyed" when then-President Trump made a deal with the Taliban in 2020 and President Biden affirmed the U.S. exit in 2021, a new watchdog report says. Read more »
- Gas prices cross $4 in every state for first timeGas prices surpassed $4 in every state for the first time Tuesday, according to data released by AAA. An AAA spokesperson confirmed to The Hill that Oklahoma, Georgia and Kansas — the last three states with average gas prices under the four-dollar threshold earlier this week — crossed the line… Read more »
- Stocks fall after Target reports disappointing earningsStocks opened with losses Wednesday after Target became the latest in a string of retailers to announce lower-than-expected first quarter earnings and voice concerns about its future profits. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down more than 700 points shortly after 11 Wednesday, a decline of 2.2 percent. The Nasdaq… Read more »
- DHS warned of violence tied to leak of draft overturning RoeThe fallout from the leak of a draft Supreme Court opinion that would overturn protections for abortion has sparked threats of violence that are “like to persist and may increase,” according to a memo from the Department of Homeland Security. The memo, first reported by Axios and obtained by The… Read more »
- Ex-police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in killing of George FloydThomas Lane, one of the ex-police officers involved in George Floyd's killing, has pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter. Read more »
- 'Historic moment' as Finland, Sweden apply to NATONATO's Secretary-General says that Finland, Sweden have applied for membership. Read more »
- US Soccer equalizes pay in milestone with women, menThe U.S. Soccer Federation has reached milestone agreements to pay its men’s and women’s teams equally Read more »
- George Floyd death: Former Minneapolis officer Thomas Lane pleads guilty to manslaughter chargeThomas Lane, a former Minneapolis police officer, pleaded guilty Wednesday to a manslaughter charge in the wake of George Floyd’s 2020 death Read more »
- Pennsylvania man arrested after disrupting polling place during primary electionPennsylvania man David Huff allegedly disrupted his New Castle polling location during the state's primary elections and will face charges including aggravated assault. Read more »
- Does New York zoo elephant have human rights? State Supreme Court to decideThe New York Supreme Court will decide Wednesday whether an elephant can be a person. Read more »
Republicans in the Louisiana House advanced a bill on Wednesday of last week that would classify abortion as homicide.
A bird flu virus that’s sweeping across the U.S. is rapidly becoming the country’s worst outbreak.
A man opened an emergency exit of a United Airlines jet and walked onto a wing as the plane taxied at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport.