The Houston swim team closed the 2010 season Saturday with a party and announcement of individual awards.
Samuel Hendrix and Nicki Craig were named the team MVPs. Hendrix received 90 out of 90 possible points. Craig totaled 82.
High point swimmers were recognized in each age division. They gained the most points throughout the season for the team. Honored were:
- Madison Tune and Josh Stell, 8-and-under.
- Sidney Anderson and Paydon Dixon, 9-10.
- Nora Dixon and Caleb Adkison, 11-12.
- Megan Silveus and Blade Baker, 13-14.
- Jamie Barton and Braden McKnight, 15-16.
- Jennifer Barton and Caleb Hendrix, 17-25.
Four swimmers were named “most improved.” They were: Cheyanne Schock, Drake Yocom, Andy Edwards and Kasey Richards.
Honored as “best attitude swimmers” were Elexis Calhoun, Haily Hoyle, Jonathan Wright and Jonathan Howard.
Recognized with the “100% award were Aaron Craig, Ethan Hoyle, Stephanie Mitchell and Abby Dzurick.
The team, which was under the direction of Toni McKinney, had two first-place finishes during the season and finished third at districts.