The following reports were generated by the Texas County Sheriff’s Department.
• A woman reported hearing gunshots near her Junction Street residence in Raymondville at about 12:20 a.m. May 23. An investigating officer patrolled the area and didn’t hear gunfire.
• A 75-year-old Success man reported on May 22 that his Highway AP workshop had been burglarized three days earlier. The man stated that several items had been stolen, including a small engine bore block valued at $1,400 and three tool boxes full of tools with a total value of $300. An investigating officer reported that he was unable to find any helpful evidence at the scene. There are no suspects.
• A 52-year-old Cabool man reported on May 21 that several items had been stolen from his Beeler Road property.
The man told an investigating officer that over a period of five days, someone had swiped a well pump, a pressure tank and a 40-gallon water heater. The man named a 49-year-old Cabool man and his girlfriend as suspects.
• A 54-year-old Hollister man reported that gas had been stolen from his truck while it was parked at his Log Cabin Road property in Texas County.
The man told an investigating officer he had seen a puddle of gas under his truck and found a hole that had been drilled into its gas tank. The officer observed the puddle and the hole, and photographs were taken. There are no suspects.
• A woman called at about 4:15 p.m. May 15 to complain about what she called an odd odor coming from a business near her Northview Lane trailer home.
• A 51-year-old Licking man reported on May 17 that a man and woman renting a home from him on Bean Creek Road at Licking had been taking items from a garage on the property and allowing their children to draw on the home’s siding.
An officer advised the man to retrieve his property from the tenants and deduct the cost of any property damage from the tenants’ security deposit. The man was also advised that he should consider eviction if he has more trouble with them.
Texas County Jail admissions
David L. Humphrey – writ
Tina M. Dow – 45-day commitment
Dustin H. Fithen – 72-hour commitment
Leslie S. Chapman – speeding
John W. Coffman – DWI
Christopher B. Colgan – 90-day commitment
Heath B. Townley – 48-hour shock
Dustin T. Lewis – contempt
Arthur L. Huffman – driving while revoked
Valerie J. Cooper – possession of controlled substance
Robert M. Pratt – statutory sodomy
Charles J. Smith – commitment
Jamie R. Feringa – domestic assault
Kent L. Garn Jr. – Shannon County hold
Donald A. Newell – parole violation
Michael A. Hebert – failure to appear, driving while revoked, possession of controlled substance
Amanda K. Kennedy – passing bad checks