Four persons were seriously injured — including three children — Sunday morning in a single-vehicle crash at Bado. The driver faces numerous charges.
Authorities said a southbound 2001 Ford F-150 truck driven by Brandon W. Stark, 30, of Cabool, travelled off Highway M, overturned and struck an electricity pole before coming to rest.
Two Cabool children — Boston L. Stark, 8; and Brianna K. Stark, 8, were flown to Mercy Hospital in Springfield, along with the driver. Another passenger, Mashyla D. Duke, 10, of Cabool, was taken to Texas County Memorial Hospital.
The report of the 6:48 a.m. accident about eight miles north of Cabool sent fire and rescue units from Houston and Cabool to the scene. Texas County Memorial Hospital ambulances transported those injured to TCMH helipads and the Houston Memorial Airport.
Leading the patrol’s investigation was Sgt. Dale Pounds with assistance from three troopers.
Stark was arrested by the patrol and released for medical treatment on charges of:
- Felony second-degree assault (three charges).
- Felony child endangerment (three charges).
- Felony driving while revoked.
- A convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
- Misdemeanor careless and imprudent driving involving a motor vehicle accident.
- No seat belt for passengers under the ages of 16 (three charges).
- Driver failing to wear a seat belt.
- Improper passing.
Pounds said the truck was totaled. No one was wearing a seat belt, he said.
The investigation continues.