The Houston Area Chamber of Commerce has been in operation since the early 1900s.
The organization’s headquarters is inside the visitors center at U.S. 63 and Walnut Street, and its operation is overseen by a nine-member volunteer board of directors and its current executive director, lifelong Houston resident Angie Miller-Quinlan.
The chamber’s long-standing mission statement is “The Houston Area Chamber of Commerce is a proud organization that is working hard to promote Houston and our local economy. All the promotions and activities of the chamber are based on the premise that it cares about the community, individuals and businesses.”
The organization’s slogan is “bridging the gap between business and community.”
Miller-Quinlan can usually be found in her office at the visitor center from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
UPCOMING 2017 EVENTS
• May 6: Indoor yard sale
• May 18: Carson and Barnes Circus
• June 29-30, July 1: 107th annual Old Settlers Reunion; June 30 – Gospel night; June 30 and July 1 – Traxxas Monster Trucks Destruction Tour; July 1 Independence Day celebration with annual fireworks show follows
• July 28-29: Swap meet
• Aug. 5: Houston night with the Springfield Cardinals
• Aug. 26: Demolition derby
• Sept. 22: Pumpkin Festival
• Oct. 7: Inside yard sale
• Oct. 14: Southern Missouri Truck and Tractor Pulling Association truck pull
• Nov. 4: Holiday bazaar
• Nov. 25: Taste of Christmas
• Dec. 8: Christmas tree lighting
• Dec. 9: Christmas parade (Christmas songs theme) *dates subject to change