Firefighters from three area departments responded to a fire that destroyed a house early Thursday morning on Quaker Street in Houston.

Personnel from the City of Houston, Houston Rural and Raymondville departments answered a call at about 3 a.m., but the blaze caused the home to be a total loss.

City of Houston Fire Chief Robbie Smith said a a man, woman, four children and a dog were inside when the fire began, but got out safely and spent the rest of the night at a motel in town.

Smith said the blaze appeared to have started at the fireplace at the back of the house and spread into the attic and toward the front of the structure. The home is at the corner of Quaker Street and Waverly Street.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply