This story has Unlimited Access. Please support our commitment to public service journalism. Subscribe now.
CoxHealth said it seeing an alarming number of cases where COVID-19 patients were treating themselves with Ivermectin, a cattle deworming product.
Cox said one doctor was caring for seven different critically ill patients who took Ivermectin at home and not monoclonal antibodies. “For some, it is a choice that may cost them their life,” said CEO Steve Edwards.
The Food and Drug Administrator issued a warning on Saturday. That came one day after Mississippi reported that two-thirds of recent calls to a state poison control center were related to “ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of Ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers.”
You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it. https://t.co/TWb75xYEY4— U.S. FDA (@US_FDA) August 21, 2021