The Raymondville Fire Department was called just before 7 a.m. last Thursday to a house fire on East Highway B.

One person escaped the burning structure. An EMS crew treated a woman who had cuts from climbing out of a window and possible smoke inhalation.

Raymondville Fire Chief Mike Jackson said a space heater in close proximity of a small child’s chair appeared to be the cause of the fire.

The Houston Rural Fire Department was called for mutual aid. The Missouri State Highway Patrol also was called to assist.

Raymondville firefighters left the scene at about 9 a.m.

Raymondville Fire Department Chief Mike Jackson rolls out hose at the scene of a house fire Thursday morning.

Join the Conversation

1 Comment

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply