“Share Your Christmas,” the holiday campaign that aids children of needy Texas County families, put out the call this week for donations of new or good used clothing, toys and coats.
Located at the Houston Lions Club den basement from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., the operation has received applications for 165 children. The deadline is Monday (Dec. 12).
Angel trees that outline individual cases are in place in Houston at the Walmart Supercenter, Forbes Pharmacy and Sonic. Monetary donations can be dropped off at the Houston Herald or mail to: Share Your Christmas, P.O. Box 170, Houston, Mo. 65483. Need additional information? Call 417-217-1318 or 417-217-6595.
Here are this week’s cases:
• Case No. 11 –Christmas wishes on this 8-year-old girl’s list include a baby doll and some Disney movies. She needs size 7-8 pants and shirts and size 1 shoes. A winter coat is also needed in size 10.
• Case No. 12 — An 8-year-old boy is in need of size 8 pants and shirts and size 1 shoes. His toy wish is for some tractors or Hot Wheels cars. His sisters, ages 14 and 11, wear size 14 pants and 14/16 tops, and size 7 shoes. They would like to get some nail polish or craft kits.
• Case No. 13 — This 2-year-old boy loves Mickey Mouse toys. He is in need of size 3T clothing and a winter coat. He also needs size 7 shoes.
• Case No. 14 — Two brothers, ages 9 and 7, would like a remote control car or some Legos. Clothing sizes needed for them are size 8 and 10 in pants and shirts. The boys each wear size 2 1/2 shoes. Their 8-year-old sister needs size 8 clothing and size 3 shoes. She would like some movies or books.
• Case No. 15 — A new baby doll or some stacking blocks would put a smile on this little 18-month-old girl’s face. She is much in need of size 3T clothing and size 5 1/2 shoes. She is also in need of a winter coat.
Making contributions this week were the Bado Church women’s group and Landmark Bank employees.